We had not heard much from the UNDERGROUND MUSIC FEDERATION (UMF) since the event in November last year. They're back this year with a bang with Mashrou3 Leila for a headliner band. ROCK STOP taking place on Friday May 18, 2012 at the Nile Garden near the Royal Mohamed Ali Club promises to "bring back the noise with an electrifying Rock Concert."
Here is an event description from the Facebook event page:
Celebrating the launch of our partners Discord Music Magazine, UMF presents to you Rock Stop Concert at Villa Andrawes "Nile Garden" featuring Beirut’s Mashrou3 Leila along with a line-up of Egypt’s best underground bands. So if you want to get your head banging and experience a real music festive with an extreme dose of Rock then make sure to make this stop at on May 18th.
- MASHROU'3 LEILA is Arabic for ʻan overnight projectʼ lusting out a microphone, a violin, a bass, two guitars, drums and keyboards. It started out as a music workshop at the American University of Beirut in 2008, an open platform for students of architecture and design, somewhere to experiment with sounds and make things audible. Haig Papazian, Carl Gerges, Hamed Sinno, Omaya Malaeb, Andre Chedid, Firas Abou Fakher and Ibrahim Badr have enjoyed this sound fetish savoring its façade of nonchalance and feeding on its lack of genre – sustaining their collective as Mashrouʼ Leila, an experiment.
- HANY MUSTAFA or HanyMust, is a singer/songwriter and musician from Egypt. His music borrows elements from the indie/acoustic to alternative & ambient music. On the 22nd of July 2010. Hany released his debut solo EP entitled September,
- Hany Must: Vocals, Guitars, Keys
- Adam Awad: Guitars
- Mostafa Kerdany: Drums and Percussion
- Yasmine Samy: Violin
- Ismael Gharib: Bass Guitar
Digla is an Egyptian acoustic rock band, originally members of "Diskonnected"; a local seasoned cover-band, "Boro" and "Raafat" worked through high school whittling away at the vision that forms the band today. "Woman In Black" was their first original track in 2004 which two years later provide the blue print for a 7 track demo entitled "Free Your Mind".
Digla can always be found working on new material and exploring new ways to promote it and "Free Your Mind" was their latest release full length album and there are many more yet to come.
- Tarek Borollossy-Guitars/Vocals
- Omar Raafat - Drums/Keyboards
- Mohammed El Hakim - Bass
- Sary- Lead Guitar
- THE PERCUSSION SHOW : Seven Egyptian percussionists, together on one stage, turn their music talent into a professional world of stimulating beats, bringing you a performance of extreme rhythm and beats!
- Ahmed Hesham
- Ahmed Ali
- Moe El Arkan
- Ahmed Bahaa
- SIMPLEXITY is a progressive rock band based in Cairo, Egypt. Each member of the band enjoys a variety of different genres of music. The presence of such varied influences created the band’s original versatile sound.
- Omar El-Deeb - Guitar and vocals
- Noor Ayman - Bass and backing vocals
- Ahmed Adel Khalil - Keyboards and backing vocals
- Aly Hassab El-Naby - Drums
- FAKING IT is a Punk Rock Band formed in August 2006. Thier influences range from basically all types of Punk Rock such as Hardcore and Pop. The band is exceptional in using stunning sound effects especially with their guitarist Amir El Sherei, that definitely adds a special vibe and groove to their sound. Faking It composed lots of originals that won the heart of their fans and there are still many to come.
- Mahmoud Kamel aka 7oudster - Vocals
- Yousef aka Joe Birdhouse - Guitar
- Amir El Sherei - Guitar/Backing Vocals
- Mostafa Abdel-Sattar - Bass Guitar
- Andrew Mounir - Drums
More bands are expected.
Other details: TRANSPORTATION AND PICK UP CHECK-POINTS:
For those who don't have their own transportation we will provide pickups and check points in the following locations starting 2:00 p.m. buses will take off at 2:30 p.m. sharp so make sure to be there on time:
- Mohandessien (Game3 Mostafa Mahmoud)
- Dokki ( Giza Zoo Second Entrance infront of KFC)
- Masr El-Gedida ( Cilantro El- Marghany)
- Maadi ( Maadi Grand Mall Main Entrance)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please note that you won't be allowed on the bus without showing your ticket. So please make sure to book your place on the bus while booking your ticket specifying your desired pick up from the above locations.
FOR GENERAL INQUIRES
CALL: 012-07777-481 OR 010-02131-046.